Thursday, January 14, 2010

First ever F-Bomb Friday!!



Here's the 411:

The name is F-Bomb Friday. Yeah, yeah...I know. High class, right?
You don't have to use the F-Bomb. I'm liking just the phrase F-Bomb all by itself.

If you have a story that you wanna tell that is worthy of an F-Bomb, a CRAP, a D'oh! (ala Homer Simpson), whatever word you wanna use, share it with us!
Come on, I know you wanna let your inner sailor out! And, you're in France now, it's not like you're gonna see anyone you know!
* Have you ever had a prank played on you?

* Have you ever rushed to get to a meeting but it was the wrong day?

* Have you ever thought you lost something only to find it in your pocket?

Join the fun, dish, spill it! Let's hear your F-Bomb moments!

Here is my F-Bomb Friday moment:
A few weeks ago when we were getting ready to head south for our Christmas break, my husband spent about 4 to 5 hours baking banana bread to take and give to our family.
We wrapped it up all nice and cute-like to present to the family members we would be staying with.

My hubs was pretty proud of that banana bread.

Actually, now that I think about it, this story has a couple of F-Bomb moments. The first one comes when we take off at 4:30 a.m. that Saturday and get down the road a mile or so and realize we forgot something. Dang!

So we go back to the house and I hurriedly gather the stocking stuffers that were almost left behind. Whew! Thank goodness I remembered.

About 300 miles later it hits me: We forgot the bread. Damn!

Anyhoo, my mom came over and put it all in the freezer so it wouldn't be ruined before we got back.

About 3 days after we got home I pulled one of the loaves out of the freezer. Let it thaw out and sliced off a nice piece for each of us. It was really good...

The next day I had another piece for breakfast. It was really good...so after lunch I decided to have another small piece. Yeah, yeah, no wonder I'm fat, whatever.

As I was eating the bread and thinking, "Wow, hubs makes some good banana bread!", I flipped it over and looked at the bottom of it.


This is not the actual bread, but you get the idea.


Gag. Wretch. Barf.

How in the heck did it go from frozen to moldy in 24 hours?! And, more importantly, how much of that crap did my family and I eat?

Now doesn't that make your inner sailor scream?
I told you mine now you tell me yours! It doesn't have to be a new post, just link back to me and have fun!






39 comments:

Shawn said...

I love this!

I have mine all ready to post at 6 am. I'll try to come back and link up as soon as I remember.

Dawn said...

I love it I love it I love it. And about threw up when I saw the pic.

Kristin said...

I am so grossed out lol.

blueviolet said...

Oh man, that's definitely F-bomb material!

kys said...

That happened to a former co-worker of mine. She brought in banana bread to share with all of us. When she unwrapped it it was moldy. And she had just baked it the night before.

Shandal said...

My Hub's grandma gives out banana bread every year as presents too. LOVE IT!

Mrs. Petrie said...

I'm a big fan of the f-bomb! I don't really have a good story for you, but I always feel happy to read your stories. :)

Were there a lot of f-bombs when you guys realized you'd forgotten the bread? I'd have been cussing up a storm!!

(FYI, I feel like the baby could come any day now and my body feels like crap. I have a great f-bomb attitude.)

Becky said...

I don't know if I'll fit in here, cause sadly we cuss like sailors more than just on Fridays. {{all though we try to keep it on the down low}}

Saw you on Tammy's blog and you cracked me up with the word hinky:)

By chance did he happen to make the bannana bread in a metal pan? Just askin cause when I make apple cake (wet..fruit..in bread similarities) it does this where the apples hit the bottom of the metal pan. Gross huh. I make it now in a glass pan.

Lori E said...

Oh Mimi if I didn't have my "thing" going on over at my site right now I would link right up.
I could link but I don't want the older post at the top of my blog. Oh I know. I will put a blurb into the top of the old post saying I am linking to this. See why I talk to myself. It clarifies my thinking. I'll be right back.

Xazmin said...

Ewwww!! That is sooo something that would happen to me! I'll have to ponder...I know I have some good stuff. What have I shared with you that you think I should share with the world?

Cathy said...

UGH BARF UGH BARF. My brain is freaking out right now thinking of you eating mold. BARF!

Lisa Anne said...

Nasty! I love this idea. My life is boring because out of the 3 options I have not experienced a one.

Sara said...

I can't lie. That picture did make me vom in my mouth a little.

I went to Walmart today... because I had to. Anyway, I was cursing the entire establishment under my breath as I was scanning their suck-ass selection of light bulbs. I was just about to launch into a scathing and very profane rant when I turned the corner and saw the entire row of lightbulbs with more options than you could shake a stick at.

I hate it when my righteous indignation is deflated, especially by Walmart. Plus, I just love a good rant.

obladi oblada said...

Oh, F....

yuck. I'll bet you were able to fight off any infection lurking for a while, huh?

Alicia said...

BLECH!!! vomit in my mouth that bread is nasty!!! but i LOVE that you stopped and took a picture of it! lol!

Tater Tot Mom said...

Ewww! LOL...well at least you hadn't eaten the whole loaf, right? :)

McVal said...

EEEWWW!!!! But look on the bright side now... You won't have an ear infection, UTI or anything treatable with penicillin for a long time now!!! It's called a natural remedy... :)
But barf!!!!!

Brandy said...

that's too disgusting for words.

wines constantly said...

On the subject of mold and the F-bomb...

I was eating cheese curds last weekend. And as I stuffed them down my hatch, marveling at the wonderous things they are, I suddenly noticed a dark spot in the bag. Upon further investigation, pretty much every curd had the beginnings of mold on it.

Throwing of the bag and shrieking ensued. I hate mold.

shortmama said...

Dang! didnt see this until after I had already done my post! Will join in with ya next week!

I have dont that same thing with bread....blech

Cassie said...

I don't know why but as I was reading this I kept picturing Batman comic balloons. You know Dang! Pow! Bam! Zonk! I know random right? Sorry.

Lee the Hot Flash Queen said...

This is why I always look before I eat. I drop an F bomb daily...I'm a sailor.

Myya said...

Yucky yuck yuck YUCK! I'm sure I have one I just have to think a bit. Ohhh & maybe I'll actually find the time to do it too. If not, there is always next week right? You gonna make this a weekly affair??? :)

jennykate77 said...

YUCKO!!! That's so gross! Oh man, I would have felt like hurling too. I love banana bread, but I'll probably think of this story every time I eat it. LOL.

Hope you're having a great Friday!

Shawn said...

I know I told you it was ready to go at 6 this morning but you'll see why I canceled the scheduled post as soon as you read my F-Bomb Friday post!

Unknown Mami said...

Dude, maybe you should tell your husband not to put mold in his banana bread. He should use nuts instead.

Mommakin said...

Oh man! Yuckers! (that rhymes with an excellent F-word)

Becca said...

UGH!!!!!!!! I hate the thought of you eating mold- well, if ya had anything bacterial, ya just fixed it!!!

~Becca

Martinis or Diaper Genies? said...

so on FBomb day can we say Fuck a lot?

Jenny said...

oh this is nifty. i'll have to participate sometime :D

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

You're such a lady that you have a special occasion to drop the F Bomb. Sadly, I curse like a sailor on shore leave all the time. I see those Orbit commercials about "Dirty mouth?" and I feel all exposed and guilty. Stub my toe? - Mother effer!
Forgot my cell phone? - Piss, $h1t and corruption!
Work Day - $h1t! I don't feel like getting out of this warm bed to go work for that lumpy headed A-hole.

Sadly, it's more of an event when my language is clean.

Desert Rose said...

I've posted an award for you!

Mrs Montoya said...

Funny ass - as if I expected anything different from you. A little behind on my blogging this week, but will be there with you next week. Hope you had a great weekend!

kado! said...

oh...man...that made me a little bit sick!!!

You're right...good F-bomb Friday post!!

LOVE the new idea!!!! Like I told you earlier...this one is gonna catch-on...I can feel it!!!!

jenjen said...

I just heard about your new Friday Meme. So funny!!! You are hilarious!

XOXO
Jen

Jen said...

Ewwwww! You poor thing! Take heart though - penicillin comes from moldy bread, right? So it must be good for you :) I'll keep your f-bomb Fridays in mind for the next time I come up with a good story - love it!

Together We Save said...

Love the post... grossed out by the bread!!

Eternally Distracted said...

That is some seriously mouldy bread... and your post was enough to make me forget that I am hungry. Thank you!!

Vivienne said...

Ugh! Deeeeee-sgusting! Bleech. I'm gonna go brush my teeth now.

This is a great idea and will maybe get me out of my writer's rut. :)