Wednesday, January 4, 2012

If You Give A Blogger A Book...Club

Living In France

Get it? It's a clever twist on the title of the childrens book, "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie." Cute, right?

Well, I am a genius! Okay, fine, it wasn't me, it was Connie at The Young and the Relentless. This whole thing was her brain child and I have to say, it's genius.

See, bff and I had a book club once. Remember this? If you check the date of the last time we posted...well, it's embarrassing. The thing was, it was too much work coming up with time to post every week at least twice a week featuring the books and fellow readers, discussing the plot, going through each chapter, blah blah blah.

So. Connie came up with this great idea that we could have a book club that is for us, as bloggers, and pretty much anyone who has a FB account, because that's where most of the discussion will take place. Our Facebook Group!

We also have a blog where we will sometimes post, but the party is mostly going to be on FB. We are going to rule social media! Twitter? Yes, please. Here we are!

Connie and I will both do updates periodically on our blogs or the book club blog letting you all know what books we are reading or letting you choose with a poll, possibly. Probably. I think we decided that. Yep. I'm gonna say we did.

Without further ado, here is our first book!

I got my copy at Target for $12. Check your library, too. You will have 6 whole weeks to read this beauty before we announce and begin the next one.

But there's a bonus! Want a chance to win one?? Connie is giving one away! You just never know when I might decide to be generous too...be on the look out for random giveaways (of our current selections) on the blog or FB...maybe even twitter!
So. Who's in?



PS: Wanna see who won the #RE2011 giveaway? Go visit Emmy!

21 comments:

Becca @ R We There Yet Mom? said...

I LOVE this idea- I am going to try to join in but I have a book club that I am involved in here at home too - so 2 books a month?? I'm gonna try!!

~Becca

Heather's Happenings said...

Count me in but I need to finish Mockingjay first.

Jen said...

As I told Connie, this looks like a good way to get out of my book rut :) I love to read, but pretty much stick to the same genres. Already joined the FB group! :)

Hutch said...

I love this idea, but I might have to wait for the next round! Don't want to fail on my resolutions already :)

Myya said...

I need to do this. Who knows if I will. I should though huh.

Ooohh & I was totally reading the title as "If you give a pig a pancake" LOL

Helene said...

That looks like so much fun! I've always wanted to be part of a book club but feared I wouldn't be able to keep up (or wouldn't like the books they recommended...LOL)

But this one looks really good so count me in, baby!!!

Emmy said...

Oh fun idea!! I am totally in if I win the book. ;) hehe Okay for real will try to join in

Unknown said...

What a fun idea! I'll check my library...

Miss Angie said...

What a fun idea!

Adrienne said...

I love to read! I will have to check this out. :)

Colleen said...

The Facebook Group is a great idea. I wish wish wish I could commit to this, but I've got two other books to finish in the next few weeks and a huge STACK of them MacGvyer got me for Christmas. Great idea, though!

becca said...

to bad i already started a new book or i'd be all over this one

McVal said...

I have trouble reading anything anymore without my glasses... I don't know if I'll do it or not. I'll watch from afar and read your comments on this one first, then join in.

Sara Richins said...

This sounds like lots of fun! Sign me up! Yay for good books!

Amy said...

Hmmm. I am torn. I hate FB, so I don't want to join for that fact alone. I love books, so how can I resist? I think the laziness will win though. Too much to do, so don't do any of it, right? But you will have fun. And who knows, maybe you will find another best friend just like the lady in the book did! :)

stephanie said...

I looove this idea! I'm in!

Impulsive Addict said...

I'm in, Yo.

Brandy@YDK said...

i think im gonna jump on the wagon. I'm always trying to figure out what to read next.

Mrs. Petrie said...

I need to get in on his book action!

Mrs. Petrie said...

Oops...*this book action!

mom2acendeuce said...

this is too coincidental. I just ordered this book a few weeks ago after my sister told me about it and am a few chapters in. Looking forward to the book "club"!!