Monday, April 16, 2012

No Really, I Don't Mind.

Last year when I was replacing all of the photos on the blog that were lost when I deleted an album from Google+, I re-read a lot of old posts.

Some of them are over 3 years old and they really take me back...I'm so grateful that I recorded some of the stuff that happened when my boys were really little.

I thought I'd share this one with you all...it's actually the second post I ever wrote. Before I had any readers.

So if someone would have told me before I had kids, some of the things I was likely to say or do, I would have nodded my head politely and silently prayed..."Please God, don't let that be true!!!"

It's strange, you find yourself doing things you never thought you would, some of them pretty ridiculous and yet you do it because you love your little people so much you would do anything for them! These are some things I've found myself doing lately that I thought I'd share.


Getting up at 3:39 a.m. and going to 7-11 to get cold medicine/fever reducer for my Little Boy. This may not seem like a big deal, but I was in such a hurry that I went without a bra. I don't leave my BEDROOM without a bra! I just threw on a hoodie over the jammies, pulled on some pants, stuffed my feet into some shoes and flew out of here. He was miserable!


Sitting in the car, in the pouring rain, with Little Boy listening to kiddie songs on the CD player while my family has a nice breakfast inside the restaurant.

Little Boy has discovered that his new favorite word is "Uh-uh" as in NO, and he says it all the time. After about the 30th time in the restaurant, with each "uh-uh" getting a little louder, I decided we needed a car break. He's only 3, folks, so this is normal 3 year old, boogery behavior.


The other day I actually heard myself say this..."I will hold your cookie, you get the undies off of your head and go poop!" A few minutes later..."I KNOW it's stinky, and I'm NOT coming to look!"


These are just a few of the things that happen and are said when you live with 2 boys, ages 5 and 3. Big Boy and Little Boy. They are such a joy, and sometimes you look at the things you do and say and just have to laugh!

All of these things may be funnier at a future date, but said Little Boy is miserable today, and so is MiMi, because the 3:39 a.m. incident was today and I'm too tired to laugh! Maybe later...?


You know what? They are funnier now. **sighs**

21 comments:

Allyson said...

I've been warned that all reminders of my former self will start to fade away as I do these ridiculous things of which you speak. I'm a little bit skerred...but also looking forward to it. ;)

Heathers Happenings said...

I love thinking back to the time when Ryan was little and all the silly things he has said or done.

VandyJ said...

Little people change everything. Thank goodness we can look back and find the humor in those scary times.

Sarah Kate said...

Oh, this is precious!!! I'm so glad you "recycled" this post for us to reread. When I was growing up, I thought for SURE I'd never do some of the things that I now consider regular behavior. It's all worth it though - even the driving like a maniac to the drug store at 4am w/o a bra. It certainly makes a funny story later. ;o)

Shell said...

Nope, never would have believed the things we'd say or do!

I am loving your new look(or new-ish look- I've been behind lately!)

Lyndsay Wells said...

I too am grateful for blogging. I have an entire chronicle of my son's (and my) life right up until the day he left for college. On that day, retired that aspect of my blogging and switched gears, but it's always fun to go back and re-read. Thank you for sharing this today - it made me smile.

Lori E said...

That is the best thing about blogging. It is a chronicle of our lives that our descendants can read and have a look into our lives......and gotta run now and delete a bunch of stuff.........

McVal said...

LOL! You are such a good mommy!
BTW: I could totally go to the store with no bra and no one would notice... I'm THAT flat...

Lourie said...

I can not wait for my niece--the parenting expert--(her baby is 8 months old) to be humbled and schooled. hahaha.

Let's see I took my kids to school in my jammies...I don't have to get out of the car.

"I farted." "I burped" is regular conversation in this house.

Wearing two shirts is common practice for the boy.

I could go on...but yeah. What a fun post. :)

Shelley said...

It is fun to go back and read old posts!

Xazmin said...

I love looking back on my blog too! Also...you are in for it when you come here, I avoid wearing my bra as much as possible!!

Emmy said...

I recently printed my second year of my blog and yes it was so great going back and reading old posts. It is amazing how much you- meaning myself- really forget and makes me so grateful I blogged it

Connie Weiss said...

Thank goodness for old posts or I would have forgotten so many great things!

SurferWife said...

Wait a hot minute. When did you get this fancy new blog?

And why didn't you drag me by the hair over here when you did it?

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

Looking back it is always funnier.. I try to think that in the present so I dont lose my mind! Ha!

Impulsive Addict said...

I love going back to read old posts. Emma is 100% sass all the time. I should start writing down the things I hear myself say to her and the random things she says to me.

Cookie, poop and undies all in one sentence is IMPRESSIVE! =)

Natalia Lynn said...

That is hilarious! There have been times where I am like 'what the heck did I just say?' I should start writing them down, I would love to look back later, and like we were talking about, I have the worst memory!

Terry said...

This is hilarious. I was on the phone with my brother once and my nephew yelled out, "Dad, I can't get this booger." Of course my brother had to go give him a hand. bah ha ha

Mrs. Petrie said...

Miss Petrie loves to look at my blog. I've been blogging as long as you, so we have lots of pictures over the past few years. I didn't even have Miss PD when the blog started!

Jen said...

Oh my gosh...I just love this! This is exactly the reason I started a blog.
Can you believe they were just 5 and 3 when you started this?!

Mindie Hilton said...

Oh I hope he is feeling better by now. Yes the things we do for our kids like going bra less for a medicine run. LOL undies on the head. My boys right now are constantly pestering each other, it's driving me insane. Thanks for the laugh, hope you are laughing now too.