Thursday, July 19, 2012

Baby Makes Three!

Holy cow, friends.

I have 2 sisters in law. Both of them were pregnant. One was due with twins next Thursday. The other was due in September.

Well, you all know the story of the twins who decided to visit us early, last week. And here comes the story of little Brayden, who was supposed to come in September but apparently decided he was blowin' that Popsicle stand and meeting the world early!

I stole some Facebook pictures from my sister in law to share with you today. I am dying here. I have never felt like I was totally done having babies. I know that I am, but my heart never got that memo.

So having 3 baby boys within 6 days of each other join the family...and they're all so small which takes me right back to when my boys were born a little early and super small...well...I'm not gonna lie. I'm a little jealous. Not in a "I wanna scratch your eyes out," sort of way, in a "Omagoodness, my heart hurts with all of this baby goodness going on," way.

Little Brayden Kite (that is his paternal grandmother's maiden name, in case you're wondering, like i was.) came at 33 weeks. He was 4 lbs 9 oz and had a cpap for a bit, but other than that, he's perfect.

He looks a lot like his older brother, but he has dark hair like his sister had when she was born. He's adorable and I haven't seen him in real life yet, but I'm positive he's cuter in real life than in pictures, because they always are.

right after he was born with the cpap on.

cuddling with his mommy. look at that hair!! love.

hi. i'm my big brother's twin. my mommy had us 6 years apart. also. i'm tired. what the heck just happened?

daddy snuck in to see me early this morning. look how surprised i am!

So there you have it. One more miracle added to our family. One more blessing that doubles the size of the amount of nieces and nephews we have.

One more miracle from God. 



17 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

Babies are just sooo cute. Nothing like that newborn smell. And knowing that right there, is the first time the babe's ever laid eyes on something. Congratulations, Auntie!

Meg said...

4lb 9oz is a GREAT birth weight for 33 weeks! Wonderful news! I'm 33 weeks today, and sooo not ready to pop this child, yet. Sitting pretty for a few more weeks. Congrats, Auntie. spoil the crap out of those babies!

Candace Pelz said...

Soooo cute! Look at all that hair! My babies never had *that* much hair. Heck Ashlyn didn't even have that much hair when she was 1. ;)

Shauna Nosler said...

HOLY ... I know I've been on Mars for two months so at first I thought it was you that had the baby ... truly a miracle, hu! Babies amaze me :) And thanks for the comment :) BTW ... your font is new?? I like it!

becca said...

i'm in baby heaven so cute

tara said...

so sweet! so glad he's doing well!

Allyson said...

They are always tiny miracles, but when they arrive that early, so much more so. I think the new moon is bringing them out. Another wife in our unit had hers yesterday and we DID have the same due date. I'm just sitting here with my legs crossed....

Sarah Kate said...

Babies, babies, everywhere!!! Congratulations again!!! I love the picture of him with his dad. So cute! I know you're just dying to hold him yourself. When do you get to meet him?

McVal said...

Congratulations! I hope you get to see him in person soon! Are ALL preemie boys named Brayden (Braeden)??
And I think that is astounding that he was born with a CPAP on. That must have hurt. Your SIL is very brave.

Jen said...

Oh my goodness...so many babies!! I'm jealous ;) And these babies sure like to come early, don't they?

Steph said...

Oh my! What a doll! He's perfect.

Connie Weiss said...

You are on baby overload!!

Congrats Auntie Mimi.

Candice said...

Squeal!! New baby overload. I love it! They are so cute. Congrats!!!!

Mrs. Petrie said...

I loved when my s-i-l had babies and I could enjoy them without having to do any of the hard work! You must be in auntie heaven!!

Liz @ Sugarplum Creations said...

I'm so happy for you, Auntie Mace! They're all so adorable. Your family is truly blessed!!

Emmy said...

Oh I remember that all too well! Ryder was 32 weeks and 4 lbs 9 oz. And yes they are so little but so so perfect at the same time.
Glad they are all doing well. And those cousins just wanted to be really close in age to each other :)

Jessica said...

Hope everyone is healthy. You are a lucky aunt!