Monday, August 20, 2012

Barn Stars Re-Do

I have these navy blue barn stars on my front porch. Well, on the wall of the outside of my house on my front porch. Does that make any sense? Whatever.

Anyway, I love these stars but I was getting sorta "meh" feeling about them...I wanted to brighten them up for summer!

So I did what any lazy girl who doesn't want to make a permanent change to her decor does...I used some cute paper and tape.

Here are the stars...


 These are some of the papers I was trying to pick from...


I basically took a sheet of paper and put it on one side of the star "leg" or whatever you call those things and sorta pressed it down to get the indentation of the shape on the paper. Then I trimmed the paper to the shape and taped it down.


I did this for all the sides.


I wanted to cover up the middle part of the star where all of the points came together because they weren't all perfectly even. So I cut a circular piece of paper and taped it down.


I did the same thing for the smaller star.

And here's the finished product!




I. Freaking. Love. Them!!!

And because it's all taped I can pull it off and do different colors for different seasons!

Although, lets face it, I'm totally not going to do that until the urge hits me again which could be...oh...I dunno...months and months.

Have you done anything to brighten your space this summer?

20 comments:

Heathers Happenings said...

Way to cute!

stephanie said...

adorable! and such an easy way to add some fun color to your porch!!

Emmy said...

Love love the change! Love the colors you picked- they just all go together so well and pop at the same time. And smart thinking, taping them. Love it!

w said...

i think they're awesome. if i were a star, i'd be want to be one of those.

Jen said...

Love love LOVE your craftiness!!! You should do Christmas colors in December, and red and pink for Valentines Day...the possibilities are endless!! Good job :)

Connie Weiss said...

OH my gosh!! Those are darling!

becca said...

very cool

Lourie said...

Okay you are just stinking clever! I am loving this. And yes you could totally do anything with them. Hmmm...what did I do...LOL....guuurrrl please! hahaha.

Sarah Kate said...

Dang, MiMi! You have been one productive woman this summer! I love how these look! And that you can change them out with the seasons! They look REALLY good against the color of your house, too!

Mamarazzi said...

FUN!! what a great idea!!

McVal said...

Those are adorable!!! Won't the rain and humidity kill them?

Steph said...

Well, well! Look at you Miss Artsy Fartsy!

Sheila said...

Love love love them!!!
Funny - I have 2 at home, I bought to modge podge fabric on.....I haven't gotten that far yet. Hope to do it someday!

Xazmin said...

Super duper love them!! The only thing that brightened my place up this summer was my awesome visitors!

Mrs. Petrie said...

That's the cutest star re-do I've seen! They would be so cute with Xmas paper in December. Love it!

Mama-Face said...

So cute! I think I'll give this a try. I could use some of the cute scrapbook paper I'm always buying just cuz it's so pretty.

:)

Meg said...

Super cute! Ok so you have to load those babies up with mod podge! My friend did these and the result is AMAZING. The stars seriously look like they were made out of paper, it's incredible. Do it!

hotpants™ said...

Very cute!

Karen Peterson said...

Those are so cute! I love them! I think I'm totally stealing this idea.

samantha said...

LOVE these.