Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Frosty The Snow Pumpkin

There's a whole week left of November and it seems too early to decorate for Christmas, doesn't it?

Well, I'm anal and I like to do it on the long 4 day weekend so I didn't care that there was a whole week left before traditional decorating time.

I'm such a rebel!!

Viv got me to thinking though...what do you do with that awkward week after Thanksgiving if it's still not December?

Here's what she did...

I took a little bit different direction but I did incorporate that pumpkin motif and this is what I came up with:


Meet Frosty the Snow Pumpkin!! He's just a white pumpkin that I painted the face on and made a paper hat for. I cut a hole out of the base of the hat so it would fit over the stem and I added a faux silver holly sprig.

Voila!

15 comments:

Heathers Happenings said...

I love Frosty the pumpkin! I would have never thought to use a white pumpkin for Christmas!

Misty said...

I love love love this. So cute!

Connie said...

Adorbs!!!

I refuse to put my decorations up before December 1st.

Salt said...

Oh I LOVE HIM! You did such a great job! And our tree totally went up last week. I get way too overexcited about the holidays.

Emmy said...

So cute and creative!! And I do love snowmen so I love it. We usually decorate right after Thanksgiving but we were driving home the weekend after so won't be getting things up until this weekend anyway.

Christina said...

Sooooo cute! I love this idea! I'm definitely attempting something like this next year.

Furry Bottoms said...

This is great!!

stephanie said...

that is so cute! that was the one thing I've always disliked about pumpkins because what do you do with them afterwards? this is genius!

Mrs. Match said...

That is a really cute Frosty Pumpkin!

Urban Earthworm said...

This is such a great idea. I will always be in awe of your superiour crafting skills.

McVal said...

I LOVE that pumpkin!!!! I'd keep it up for Christmas too.

Jen said...

I love that!! And we always decorate the day after Thanksgiving, no matter if it's close to December or not ;)

Annmarie Pipa said...

I LOVE IT!!! looks just perfect!! and fun.

Sela Toki said...

Oh my but that is just lovely Mimi. I love it and I might just dare to try it for Christmas decor. Thank you.

Mrs. Petrie said...

Smart! I love recycling stuff. Pretty brilliant, Mimi. :)