Friday, November 16, 2012

No Comprende

Today I'm goin' on a bear hunt. Gonna catch a big one. I'm not scared.

Yes I am!! I'm totally scared!!

And I'm not going on a bear hunt, I'm going with Big Boy's class on a field trip in the soggy, muddy, wet, rocky, blechy foothills of the Cascade mountains.

Hiking? No. Walking for miles? No. Mud? NO. Cold? NONONO. Rain? Eh. It's always raining. But I like to watch it from inside my warm house.

These petroglyphs we're going to see had better be good.

Cuz lemme tell ya...they're in an area famous for pot heads and marijuana growers.

I just keep thinking they might be lame drawings on cave walls from stoners back in the 70s or something.

So...I'm taking bets.

Me vs 2 mile hike in the hills. With 25 stinky 4th graders. Who's gonna win??

It's okay if you wanna bet against me.

I'm betting against me.

We shall see if I win the bet...I will probably post my victory on Facebook.

If I don't win? Send my family some money...they'll need it to bury me.

Oh. And also? I don't have rubber boots. I never need em. I don't do mud.

The last time I did? Look. I took pictures for you.



Cool, right?

NOT.

**Update!!** My sweet friend/neighbor (yeah, I actually do have one of those!) lemme borrow her rubber boots! Yay!

13 comments:

Heathers Happenings said...

Glad your friend let you borrow some rubber boots! Hope you have a great time.

Connie said...

I'd probably go BUY rubber boots. Glad you were able to borrow some!

I'm kind of over field trip chaperoning. GOOD LUCK!

Emmy said...

You can do it!!! Though yea that sounds like quite a field trip with a bunch of 4th graders. And yea for good neighbors actually :)

Xazmin said...

I will always bet on you!! I have always found petroglyphs to be rather boring myself. But I do love the mountains! You better send me some pics!!

Xazmin said...

I will always bet on you!! I have always found petroglyphs to be rather boring myself. But I do love the mountains! You better send me some pics!!

Xazmin said...

I will always bet on you!! I have always found petroglyphs to be rather boring myself. But I do love the mountains! You better send me some pics!!

Jen said...

Glad you got some rubber boots for the field trip. And that sounds like amazing fun to me!!!

Karen Peterson said...

I hope you're having fun. Or had. I guess you're probably done now.

And I hope you didn't fall into any muddy holes or anything because that would be funny--er--I mean embarrassing.

Sarah Kate {Dixie Creek Farm} said...

25 fourth graders?! Who COULD survive that?!

Christina said...

You have to give us a recap now! I hope your feet stayed dry in your borrowed boots!

Lori E said...

I knew you could make it. I mean if you didn't the bears would eat you and I know you wouldn't want that.

Mrs. Petrie said...

Ooh, I am not a big fan of mud. But here in NM, we don't have a lot of mud. You are a good mom. :)

Annmarie Pipa said...

You are braver than me!