Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Conspiracy Theories

23 executive orders. Oh. 'Scuse me. Executive actions.

I really don't know what to say...I'm a fervent supporter of the second amendment. One of the few people left in this country that thinks the founding fathers got it right when they authored the constitution.

But Mims, Abraham Lincoln changed things around to end slavery. Wasn't that good? This is the same thing!

No, it's not the same thing.

And, yes, Lincoln did do that. No, I'm actually not in favor of the strings he had to pull to get it done, but the end result was worth it. Human rights.

Does the end justify the means? In that case it did. I can say that from my point of view which is looking down the scope of around 160 years. Does it now? The future will tell.

I used to be so ignorant of the 2nd amendment. I used to think, "Well, yeah, they wanted people to have guns because they needed to hunt so they could eat."

Wow. I was wrong. What an idiot.

So I actually read it.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Weird, I see nothing about killing a 9 point buck. It's about protecting us from our government.

But Mims, we live in America, we're above being taken over by our government, it couldn't happen here!!

Hmm. Did the people under Mao, Hitler or Stalin think that?

Yes, there need to be laws. Yes, people are going to break them. I don't care how many regulations you put on something. Evil will find a way.

So much crap has happened with the government in the last few months.

Debt ceiling. Fiscal cliff. Benghazi. Newtown, CT. Wait. Newtown wasn't really the government, but the government is going to get involved.

People are thinking Newtown is a conspiracy.

I don't think it is. I think they are definitely using it to push agenda. Which, by the way, the administration might get up in arms (uh oh, was that a pun?) about the assault weapon ban expiring, but, hello, you are responsible, along with other administrations, for not renewing it!

I would never, ever tell a parent of one of those children that it's a conspiracy. Their loss is real. It's tragic.

I don't think stricter gun laws are going to make a difference. I have a lot of reasons for this, researched and all. I don't want to argue about it, I'm just saying that, for me, I don't think it will work. You may think differently. That's fine.

What bothers me is that for the first time in my life, I actually don't think these conspiracy theorists are that far fetched.

I really don't want to believe my government is capable of that kind of thing. But they are. And have been for a long time.

Ever since getting into the government meant "for life" and awesome benefits for members. They care about themselves. I don't think they give a rat's ass about Americans.

Until it behooves them to stand on their soapbox and "defend" us.

Ugh.

And it really doesn't have to be the 2nd amendment that we're talking about. Any part of the constitution. Any time you tread on it it opens the door for some very scary crap.

And I'm well aware that it's not just the Obama administration that is trying to do this. All administrations for at least the last 25 years have done it.

Sure, when it's something that I, personally, support I shouldn't mind as much. But in all reality...it doesn't matter what it is...good for me, bad for me...if it alters the constitution or changes amendments, it's not good. Ever.


I'm not a political blog. I just felt the need to get my words out. Not to share with other people, even, as much as to just get my own thoughts in order.

And now I have to go. I need to start my bomb shelter and get a tin foil hat.





28 comments:

Emmy said...

Great post girl!! And yes-- the more I have read and learned about how Hitler took over and how they even voted him in and welcomed him- it scares me what they are trying to do.
The more the government "helps out" the more the government says what things are "Good for us" the more control we give and before we know it will have lost everything.

Sarah Kate said...

Hey, didn't I see you on the last episode of Doomsday Preppers? :o)

Beth W said...

Yes. This post, exactly. I came to that realization when Bush passed the Patriot Act.

I just want to know how to get people fired up about their rights and how the government is exploiting the nation, in a way that is actionable (and not just political talk and frustration). I feel like our ability to "fight back" is gone, and I honestly don't know how to make my voice heard in a way that makes a difference. :(

Heathers Happenings said...

Great post! A lot of the stuff that is going on really scares the crap out of me.

stephanie said...

great post! let me know how that tin foil hat works out ;)))

VandyJ said...

And I live in a state that wants to prosecute any federal enforcer for gun control in the state. All the political stuff makes me so tired.

Furry Bottoms said...

I won't claim to know or understand the government or even the constitution, except that it is there to protect us. Having said that... I sometimes wonder if the constitutions that were written how many years ago? 200? still applies to the way of life as it is NOW. I mean, things change. Life changes. The world changes. America changed, which is very obvious. So, are we that bull headed to think the constitution applies the same way NOW as it was meant to 200 yrs ago? Feel free to throttle me if this only shows my ignorance.

200 years ago our people needed guns to hunt. That makes sense, like you said. And 200 years ago, people wanted to protect themselves. I get that. But do they really need an assault rifle that shoots 16 shots off in less than 2 seconds or something like that? Is it really that necessary to have a weapon that extreme? I would understand people fighting for their right to bear arms if it was a pistol, a shotgun, something that shoots only a few bullets at a time because you'd probably NEED all those bullets... but 16, 24 even 34 shots from one gun in rapid succession?? Personally, I don't think anyone has that right to have a weapon for "protection" like that. My opinion has more to do with human emotion and thought than the government. About people's capacity for evil. That's what scares me more.

Words get warped. Nothing makes sense anymore. Nothing is as clear as black and white anymore. Ugh.

I really enjoyed your post! Its very thought provoking.

Jane Anne said...

My husband read a book about the civil war over the holidays... he can imagine the gun control issue leading to another civil war. That is hard for me to comprehend and very, very scary.

becca said...

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Lord Acton

becca said...

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Lord Acton

becca said...

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Lord Acton

Liz @ Sugarplum Creations said...

Have I told you lately how much I love you?? I was getting VERY worked up last night as I was talking with Jerm. I'm scared for the future here. And I find myself understanding more and more where the conspiracy theorists are coming from! I won't publicly comment on CT, but let me just say there are so many questions surrounding it all. Ugh. Scary.

Myya said...

Last night I watched a few of the "exposed" shows. I was disgusted! I don't know what is true or not but any thought of taking a tragic horrific thing & using it as agenda sickens me.

Connie said...

HIstory is about to repeat itself and I'm scared for my children.

Thank you for putting your thoughts out there!

Love you Mimi.

Melinda said...

Well Mimi, this administration isn't ever going to let a good disaster go to waste. Nope they will use it to push their agenda. What happened today with the "23" executive orders are just to appease the left until....the next shooting, then the executive order will be to take all the guns. Just wait and see!

Ducky said...

Ooh ooh! I'm good at making tin foil hats. And I've long been a proponent of conspiracy theories...got a few of my own. They usallybstrengthen about the time I have to refil my diabetes mess. I also know first hand what big money can do. If a hospital can get away with murder because they have money....just imagine what big money in government yields. Great post, Lady. Now....come off some of those M&M's

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

AMEN!

C.J. said...

This is a great post. Usurping the Constitution is never an acceptable thing. This particular facet of the debate is not over whether Obama's changes are "good" or not, it's over the manner in which he is trying to implement them. Bypassing the Congress was never meant to be a route by which legislation was meant to be enacted. If Obama's policies are so great for the population, then allow them to go through the proper process and be exposed to light and debate and a vote for crying out loud. I'm sorry for Mr. Obama that our legislative process and our party partisanship is what it is that the creation of new laws is cumbersome and time-consuming. But there are reasons they exist. They're called SAFEGUARDS (checks and balances ring a bell?) and are one of the aspects of a republic that separates it from a monarchy or dictatorship.

This post is not conspiratorial. This post is a reflection of our current reality. This IS how American government works; a slow (sometimes not so gradual) perversion of what the Founding Fathers setup a couple of centuries ago.

McVal said...

Good post! However I suspect you have a secret agenda... ;P
I don't know what to think about the conspiracy thing either. There are people out there thinking it and showing some pretty convincing stuff.. But wow! I can't imagine a government doing that to further their agenda. I guess I'm naive and should tell everyone where I stash my gun.

Shauna Nosler said...

I'm with you ... I am a staunch believer in the Constitution - for the most part ... I mean this is not the 1700's and in teh 1700's Smith and Wesson didn't make a 30-round clip for any one - militia, hunter, or stupid person down the street :) And thanks for saying Hi yesterday :)

Annmarie Pipa said...

I cannot understand how so many people are buying all of this administrations thinking..guess everyone thinks it won't happen in America, it won't happen to me... the important people in power will always have their children protected by officers with loaded guns, my kids are just not that important...

Karen Peterson said...

I am so tired of politicians trying to rewrite the constitution by pretending it doesn't mean what it means. And when you pull out quotes from Thomas Paine and Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson, they just ignore them.

Gun control is one of those issues. Who is some politician to tell me what guns I need or don't need? The founding fathers weren't just talking about hunting rifles or muskets. They very clearly wanted us to have access to whatever we need, and the freedom to do what we must.

slugmama said...

The founding fathers set our republic up with the goal of having a limited central government(federal level)with the aim of protecting and defending our citizenry. This is what government does best.
Our operating manual was the Articles of Confederation and later the Bill of Rights. We were/are set up as a confederation of states, each autonomous and independent upon itself, but bound together for the purpose of forming a nation. State rights were equal to or dominant over federal whole. Since Jefferson the federalists have been grabbing power from the states and usurping their rights. This was the true cause of what you call the Civil War. Stop reading the propaganda the North put out there and continues to peddle.
Not to get into a whole Civil War discussion here but do some reading on the little known facts of our country's history and you'll see some frightening parallels between the oppression of the federal govt. toward the states back then and what is going on now.

The founding fathers knew first hand how a corrupt government acts and how it controls. Government is dangerous and insidious, taking what it wants...our FFs knew that too and knew the citizenry needed protection from it's government.
The feds use all tragedies in this country now to push through more laws, laws that take away regular peoples' freedoms, laws that ultimately make us NO safer and just put more control into the hands of the few in power.

The 2 party system is a failure. If you truly want to change our country for the good, check out the 3rd parties....libertarian, green, freedom, constitution, etc. Only when we take the power out of the hands of the few and privileged will be end the Statism that is controlling our nation today.
It's not too late....yet!

Xazmin said...

This is such a fantastic post. Also, as to how long ago the constitution was written - I believe it is an inspired document. That God's hand was in the founding of this country and the writing of the constitution. And I believe that the inspiration for much of what is written in it was directly meant for our time.

Allyson said...

With regards to Newtown, I don't think it's a conspiracy. I can't imagine even the most corrupt government arranging such an event to further their own agenda. HOWEVER, I have been told by people in some fairly tight circles that you would not BELIEVE the stuff that goes on in Washington that we have no clue about. I'm not sure what the answer is about gun control/mental health/protection of our most vulnerable citizens. Shooting rampages are an act of terrorism. Would stricter gun laws have helped the people in 9/11? No. Of course, a 747 is harder to get your hands on. But the truth remains that if someone wants to do harm to others, he/she will find a way.

Sela Toki said...

Well said Mimi. I for one does not place my trust in the hands of men. As it has been stated, "In God we trust". When nations fall and history repeats itself it is due to the corruptible ways of men themselves. There will always be good and bad, right and wrong, we just need to remain positive, do our part and press forward with hope and faith.

Mrs. Match said...

Yup, gun control is not the answer. A criminal or psycho will find a way, gun control or not.

I'm getting really creeped out by some of the conspiracy theories lately, because like you, I think they're a lot more believable these days.

I love Sela's comment. Very well said!

Lol, you need to post a pic of you in a tinfoil hat. That would be some funny stuff.

Natalie said...

I love this. So very much.

Why won't they just let us run this country and fix all of the problems?